Unfortunately, my appointment was canceled and I was unable to get my hair dyed. And no, I did not cancel it. Apparently, the stylist had an emergency. What I will say about the salon is that they did call me the day before (6:30 p.m.) for my 10 a.m. appointment the next day. They offered me another stylist, but that would have meant changing my appointment time and not seeing the “color expert”. I was not for that, so I refused. In addition, I was unable to re-schedule the appointment because they were not sure when she was coming back. Go figure…I may have to visit another salon for the color or wait indefinitely.
As a result, I washed my hair again. I do not have a problem admitting that I was so focused on applying the Eco Styler Gel that I neglected to moisturize my scalp.So…instead of trying to moisturize it, I just decided to wash it. For me, those curly fros only last so long before I start to get tired of them. This time around, I chose to two-strand twist my hair. Typically, I prefer twisting my hair while it’s wet but this time I opted to do so after blow-drying it so that I could have added length. Here is the hair washing procedure I followed:
1) I washed my hair using the Taliah Waajid shampoo.
2) After rinsing out the shampoo, I applied coconut oil all over my head and let it sit for 15 minutes.
3)I washed out the coconut oil and applied the conditioner. I divided my hair into 4 sections. While the conditioner was in my hair, I detangled with a wide-tooth comb section by section.
4) I let the conditioner stay in my hair for 30 minutes under a shower cap. I then washed it out, noticing how soft my hair felt. I think the coconut oil really made a difference.
5) I applied my whipped show butter moisturizer to my wet hair, and blow-dried my hair.
6) I then parted my hair into two pieces. I left 1/4 out in the front so that I could style the front. I then twisted my hair, starting at the back, and continued until I got to the part. There, I started on a row closest to my ear, paying careful attention to precise parting. I will show you pictures as soon as I can take them.